Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blocked Breakthrough!














So this is the shot that has been blocking my progress.  And the breakthrough was a composition problem.  I couldn't find a composition that I liked.  The Alien walker is attacking the Army Base, but I just couldn't seem to make it work.  Well, I am happy with it now.  I'll have it animated an in the edit by end of the week.  Add some CG destruction FX, and voila!  Alien destroying Army Base.  ( them building is going kabloowee!)

Not only that, it's been so long since I started this silly trailer that my tastes and style preferences have changed. ( the story has never been stronger! ).  
However, the visual style is going to lean more towards this image.  I'm keeping the Toon influence and flat feel I wanted.  But I'm also incorporating much more texture also.  Of course this means I have to go back and do this to exsisting shots, but I am confident that won't be a huge issue.

More soon!  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment